Digital customer interactions have never been stronger than they are this year. From search engine strategies to social media referrals, the course of SEO keeps evolving. Below, we’ve outlined six key concepts for the SEO landscape for 2016.
1) User Intent: As we’ve witnessed last year, Google is all about tracking how users interact with your website by identifying how user intent matches your website content – the post-click activity. Understanding your users intent is key.
2) Mobile Accessibility: As smartphones and tablets become more ubiquitous, more online searches occur using a mobile device. Ensure your website is mobile SEO-compatible by using Google’s testing tool, get a mobile CRO strategy, and prepare for Accelerate Mobile Pages.
3) Apps: Customers use apps for a wide range of online activities. Does your company have an app? If so, check that it’s prepared for app indexing, which provides consumers an additional way to access content.
4) Local SEO: Customers who execute a local search are 50% more likely to visit the store. To make sure your website is listed and attract customers, provide a full listing. Details to post include company location, phone number, website URL, and opening times, all of which make it more likely your company will appear in a top slot on a search page.
5) Social media: Strategize content posted to social media platforms. Tweets, content, and images produced on social media feeds can instantly get visibility in search engine results.
6) Increased semantic searches: It is imperative a company creates and optimizes content to answer consumer questions. Semantic search seeks to improve search accuracy by understanding the searcher’s intent and the contextual meaning of terms as they appear in the searchable dataspace, whether on the Web or within a closed system, to generate more relevant results.