Every time a new social media platform appears, the same questions arise: is it for me? Am I the target user? TikTok is the latest app to take social media by storm, but is it a good marketing tool for your SuiteCommerce business?
It may shock you, but right now, TikTok is the place to be. Chinese businesses are already making the most of it, and there’s no reason why you shouldn’t, too!
Here are three reasons why you should download the app right now and start promoting your eCommerce!
Tik Tok Ads
TikTok allows cross-platform ads, so you can simultaneously promote your content on Facebook and Instagram. There are three main types of advertisements on TikTok:
- Launch Screen Ads: Whenever users open Tik Tok, an ad appears. These ads are varied; they can be animated or in video format. With many users opening Tik Tok multiple times daily, your outreach potential is incredible.
- In-Feed Ads: These full-screen ads pop up when users are scrolling through their “For You” feed. These are similar to launch screen ads.
- Hashtag Challenge Ads: in-app shopping feature is called “Hashtag Challenge Plus,” and it allows users to browse products that are associated with a sponsored Hashtag Challenge without leaving TikTok’s platform.
Tik Tok Shoppable Videos
The ability to shop directly while watching a video has staggering conversion potential for eCommerce businesses. With an embedded link on the video, you can easily direct audiences to your site without having to chase down leads the old fashioned way.
TikTok users are also more prone to spending money on the app. Since 2018, Americans have spent over $23.1M on the app’s virtual currency, with which you can only buy emojis or virtual gifts across the platform. Also, users are more active and accounts achieve a higher engagement rate than Instagram, with 9.38% for small accounts and 8.43% for larger ones.
What’s more, only 4% of American social media marketers are on TikTok, so whatever your product, the chances of stepping into uncharted territory on this particular platform are very high.
How Tik Tok Boosts eCommerce Sales
With the help of creative, fun, and engaging content, you could position your business well within TikTok because this app has some exciting benefits:
- free advertising through hashtag challenges
- ads that reach a wide variety of people
- content that holds users attention
- reaching the right demographic
Under the proper management, you can successfully use TikTok to grow your SuiteCommerce business, especially if you are targeting millennials or centennials. Right now, over 1.5 billion people use the app, and two-thirds are under 30 years old. But TikTok is growing incredibly fast, and everything points to it becoming increasingly popular among all demographics.